PRIVACY AND DATA PROTECTION
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 the data controller is KGR Media Services Ltd.
1. Collection of information
When you subscribe/register you must give us accurate information about yourself and it is up to you to update this information with any changes.
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our site, and which may be amended from time to time. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our site, subscribing to our service, posting material or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our site.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our site and of the fulfilment of your orders.
- Details of your visits to our site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access.
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
We use this information when aggregating data about users, planning new services and informing advertisers and sponsors about usage of the site. Your individual information is not passed elsewhere except where you choose to disclose this yourself in any forums, comments or articles you write.
In order to subscribe/register you need to complete the appropriate form. Where a user name and password are required to be created, you must not share these. We may choose to suspend, cancel or reject your registration at any time without explanation if you fail to abide by any of the rules of registration. You should not create more than one registration without our express written permission. Failure to abide by this may result in cancellation of your access.
For the same reasons, we may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file that is stored on your browser or the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive. They help us to improve our site and to deliver a better and more personalised service. Some of the cookies we use are essential for the site to operate.
3. Storage of your personal data
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
4. Uses made of information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- We use your personal information to provide you with the most accurate service we can give and to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or that we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
- To notify you about changes to our service.
We may also use your data, or permit selected third parties to use your data, to provide you with information about goods and services that may be of interest to you and we or they may contact you about these by post, email or telephone but only if you have consented to this.
If you do not want us to use your data in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please tick the relevant box on the registration form or, alternatively, do not provide your consent to pass on those details when prompted.
We follow strict security procedures in the storage and disclosure of information that you have given us, to prevent unauthorised access in accordance with the UK data protection legislation. We do not collect sensitive information about you except when you specifically knowingly provide it. In order to maintain the accuracy of our database, you can check, update or remove your personal details by contacting us on any of the contact numbers on the Contact page of this website.
5. Disclosure of your information
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If KGR Media Services Limited or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
6. Your rights
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by ticking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at: email@example.com
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
7. Access to information
The Data Protection Act 1998 gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.